According to Scott historians, the church building that had housed the Pentecostal Church of God starting in 1952 was built in the 1890's, after the Village's founder, John Scott, broke away from the Methodist church and helped organize the Presbyterian church.
The Presbyterian church was active until about 1921. It then stood vacant for a few years, until the building was bought and organized into the Pentecostal Church in 1924 by Rev. Simon Dunlap. The money from selling the Presbyterian Church went to build the Scott Chapel at the Van Wert Presbyterian Church.
The church building was remodeled in 1960, replacing the two coal stoves with a fuel oil furnace. The ceilings were lowered by five feet, and all the walls were plastered. Two restrooms were added to the front, replacing two out-houses behind the church. Three Sunday School rooms were added to the rear of the church.
In 1969, new pews were purchased along with a pulpit desk, communion table, and a lighted cross.
In 1970, new alters were purchased as well.
In 1985, Pastor Terry and Sister Terry Martin, came to the Scott Pentecostal Church of God.
October 8, 2000
A pattern of steady growth followed the church for fifteen years which resulted in the building of the new church outside of Scott. This building was dedicated on October 8, 2000. At that time the name of the church was changed to Harvest Field Pentecostal Church of God. The attendance at this church has steadily increased to where we are today.